There are 10 housemates left in the Big Brother house. Unless of course you include Delilah the dog, who hasn't been up for nomination yet, despite being officially introduced the house as a "homeless intruder". Or Surly, the fish, who has been keeping a beady eye on proceedings from the very start.
Sam, the only human intruder remaining (Ava was punted last week), is in the running for elimination and he's looking down the barrel of a quick exit, despite flexing his biceps as much as is humanly possible.
The eliminations this week are remarkable in that they don't actually include Estelle. And there are four people up for elimination, not the usual three, because of a tie in the voting.
Bradley, the perennial nominee, topped the list, but shrugged it off because he is used to it by now. Fellow housemate Angie has also taken potential elimination in her stride — she's got that tough girl exterior, which helps.
Michael, the man who hides his face under that overgrown helmet of red hair, was noticeably more morose about being nominated (his first time) and, dare we say it, a little petulant.
Viewers may be wondering whether he's turning out to be a bit of a prima donna — even the intellect of a genius isn't helping him hide those hurt little boy feelings.
The other "great" revelations of the week were:
- The people inside the Big Brother house have become so deprived of normal human contact, at least one of them bawled their eyes out at the sheer presence of fried chicken (Angie).
- Young men these days can rub cream on their best mate's chest, after sharing a bath together, and call it a "bromance" (Michael and Josh).
- A Bali-braiding hairstyle is never a good idea, especially if you're in a Big Brother house, not Bali (Zoe).
- Even when Big Brother is done and gone, there's always the chance of an underwear contract, hence the continual parading around in undies (Angie and Sam).
- A plumber's crack is never a good look. Even if you're a repeat offender. Especially if you're a repeat offender (Michael).
- Given the ridiculous antics of the male and female housemates during the week, including being forced to kiss an old bloke with a long beard (Big Brother is getting desperate for laughs), it's kind of a shame the contest won't continue after all the humans are eliminated, with a final battle for supremacy between Delilah the dog and Surly the fish.
To be honest, I'll declare my hand and say I'm on Team Surly. That fish is hilarious.
p.s Is it just me or are there two different people voicing Big Brother at the moment? Later in the week, the voice seems to sound totally different to the start of the week — surely other viewers have noticed too? I guess even Big Brother(s) need to do shift work.