Local newspapers from Holroyd’s past have been added to the National Library of Australia’s digitised newspaper collection on Trove.
Holroyd council’s library service partnered with the NLA to digitise The Broadcaster, a newspaper which serviced the Holroyd community from 1935 to 1960 and a short-lived Parramatta-based newspaper called The Cumberland Free Press, which covered much of what is now western Sydney from 1895 to 1897.
Other local newspapers available include The Cumberland Argus and Fruitgrowers’ Advocate (1888-1950), The Cumberland Argus (1950-1962) and The Biz (1928-1954).
These titles are now part of 686 digitised newspaper and journal titles across all states and territories of Australia, available on Trove, with more titles in the pipeline.
This project was partially funded by a Library Development Grant made available through the Library Council of New South Wales.
Articles can be freely searched online at trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper