A 43-year-old man has been arrested in Girraween and charged with assaulting a young female relative on numerous occasions over a 10-year period.
In November 2013, detectives from the Child Abuse Squad were made aware of a number of allegations against a man who had allegedly sexually assaulted one of his relatives – a young girl – on numerous occasions between 1999 and 2009.
During the period the alleged assaults occurred, the girl was aged between 3 and 14 years old. The assaults primarily occurred at two separate properties in Sydney’s north-west.
Police immediately commenced an investigation into the alleged assaults and at 8.30am on Wednesday attended a property in Girraween and arrested the man.
He was taken to Merrylands Police Station where he was charged with a total of 18 offences, including:
- Four counts of sexual intercourse with a person under 10;
- Six counts of indecent assault – victim under the age of 10;
- Three counts of commit act of indecency with victim under 10 years;
- Three counts of incite victim under 10 years to commit indecent act;
- One count of aggravated indecent assault – victim under authority of offender; and,
- One count of common assault.
The 43-year-old was refused bail to appear in Fairfield Local Court on Thursday.